Venerable not for profit Association in Fort Worth, Texas seeks an individual with knowledge of issues facing the legal profession and experience with a voluntary member-based organization. The Executive Director for both the Association and the Foundation reports to the boards of the Association and the Foundation. The position calls for managing a staff (currently of 6), an annual budget close to seven figures, and 36 committees representing 2,500 members. A bachelor’s and master’s degree or law degree is preferred.
TARRANT COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION AND TARRANT COUNTY BAR FOUNDATION
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, NON-PROFIT
Venerable not for profit Association in Fort Worth, Texas seeks an Executive Director for both the Association and the Foundation. TCBA provides innovative programming for its members including continuing legal education and collaborative training with other entities to advance the legal profession. The Executive Director reports to the boards of the Association and the Foundation. The position calls for managing a staff (eventually of 6), an annual budget close to seven figures, and 36 committees representing 2,500 members. A bachelor’s and master’s degree or law degree is preferred. www.tarrantbar.org
Strategic leadership and management for the effective achievement of TCBA’s mission and goals.
• Managing an $870,000 annual budget, 36 committees, and a dedicated staff of 6;
• Representing TCBA locally, regionally and nationally;
• Serving as Executive Director of the Tarrant County Young Lawyers Association, a 501(c)(6) separate membership organization of 300 members;
• Serving as Executive Director of the Tarrant County Bar Foundation, a 501(c)(3) separate charitable foundation which raises funds and makes grants to fill law-related needs;
• Managing the Eldon B. Mahon Inn of Court, an association of judges, lawyers, law professors and law students who meet monthly to discuss ethics, skills and professionalism matters;
• Overseeing the Tarrant County Bar Foundation’s Pro Bono Programs, Tarrant County Volunteer Attorney Services and Texas Lawyers for Texas Veterans – Tarrant County Chapter and the program’s 250+ volunteers; and
• Managing a Bar Center of 6,700 sq. ft.
• Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
• Collaborative working style.
• Minimum of two years of significant budget, programmatic, staff management, and oversight experience in an executive level position.
• Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite in a Microsoft Windows environment with emphasis on Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Strong marketing and sales skills with demonstrated success in building and engaging membership and encouraging charitable participation.
• Demonstrated ability to hire, develop and lead a dedicated staff of 6 or more.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and operate under an annual budget.
• Knowledge of fiscal planning and management.
• Knowledge of accounting principles and QuickBooks.
• Knowledge of audits and 990 and 990T income tax forms.
• Demonstrated ability to manage an office building, including relationships with guests and proper maintenance of the building.